A philanthropic foundation, independent from the main Rufford Foundation, which focuses solely on small grants for conservation programmes and pilot projects.OBJECTIVE
To encourage small-scale initiatives in the domain of nature conservation and the protection of endangered species and ecosystems.
There are five stages of funding for grants with this Foundation:
- Small Grant for Nature Conservation, for grants up to USD 9 400. Eligible projects must focus on nature conservation, initiatives for the protection of ecosystems will be given priority over those focusing on single species. Unsolicited applications are welcome;
- Second Small Grant for Nature Conservation, for an additional amount up to USD 9 400 and the same eligibility criteria as for the first stage;
- Rufford Booster Grant, for an additional amount up to USD 18 700 and the same eligibility criteria as per the first two stages;
- Continuation Grant, for an additional amount up to USD 39 000; and
- Completion Grant, for a final additional amount up to USD 39 000.
Continuation and Completion Grants can only be issued through a conduit, a guided applications page is available for all stages of funding. The five stages are meant to progressively provide additional financing to successful initiatives, the project must remain the same through all stages.
HQs AND OFFICES