Our strategic programmes were established to improve country-level impact by engaging a variety of stakeholders and sectors to increase financial flows and investments from sources that have not traditionally been involved in UNCCD implementation.
The GM’s strategic programmes are:
- Economic Instruments and Innovative Finance (EIIF)
- Climate Change Finance (CCF)
- Market Access &Trade (MAT)
- Policy and Investment Analysis (PIA)
These programmes were carefully selected for their potential to create favourable conditions for investing and mobilizing resources from public and private sources, both internationally and domestically. Additional strategic programmes may be designed to supplement financing for sustainable land management at country level.
By emphasizing networking and partnering, the strategic programmes contribute to the development of knowledge, which is continually updated and shared. This knowledge is used to:
- broaden the approaches to Convention implementation
- facilitate access to strategic financing instruments and investment opportunities; and
- develop and carry out capacity-building initiatives to mobilize resources and increase investments.